Friday, March 20, 2015

Are diamonds really a girl’s best friend? | The Escape Artist

Are diamonds really a girl’s best friend? | The Escape Artist



If my husband and I had not had the touchy “rock” conversation, I’d probably have a pretty naturally-sourced stone on my finger that looks exactly like the one I have, minus an absolutely amazing honeymoon in Jamaica. Now that was a $6,000 we feel was well spent on a truly unique and memorable experience.
*The average cost of a diamond engagement ring is $4,000. If a 25-year-old couple were to invest that sum in the stock market instead, based on an illustrative assumed equity market return of 9% they would have over $125,000 at age 65. That sounds more like a “happily ever after” than does a tiny gem that’s not likely to appreciate in value.

No comments:

Post a Comment